Photograph of Hindu Rao's House in Delhi from 'Murray Collection: Views in Delhi, Cawnpore, Allahabad and Benares' taken by Dr. John Murray in 1858 after the Uprising of 1857. This house was built in c.1820 for William Fraser (1784-1835), agent to the Governor General in Delhi. It was bought by Hindu Rao after Fraser's death. Hindu Rao was the brother of the Baiza Bai of Gwalior, the widow of Daulat Rao Scindia. During the Uprising, this house was strategically important to the British and was held by Major Reid and a force of Gurkhas, who suffered severely from enemy artillery. This building is now a hospital.